Windows XP: Use large icons
Do you find small icons on your Windows XP desktop too small to find what you are looking for? Or if you want to try larger icons on the desktop, then this how-to guide will show you how to do it in easy steps.
Desktop icons are small in 32x32 format, by default on Windows XP, but Windows XP will allow you to swell the size of icons to 48x48 format and larger as you require. And the process of displaying large icons on Windows XP is super easy. Follow these steps to display large icons on Windows XP.
- Click the ‘Start’ button, and then click ‘Control Panel’.
- Double Click ‘Display’ to open the ‘Display Properties’ dialog box.
- Click the ‘Appearance’ tab, then click ‘Effects’.
- In the Effects dialog box, select the ‘Use large icons’ check box.
- Click ‘OK’ and then click ‘OK’ again.
By following these steps shown above, you can use large icons on Windows XP. At the same time, click and watch this video while you try these steps to get clear picture of how to follow these steps.