Microsoft® XP Professional Service Pack 3
Microsoft® has been continuously striving to bring improved performance, security and stability and the effort to bring excellence has been apparent in Windows® XP Service Pack 3. It got fixes and updates to all the editions and service packs of Windows® XP. Windows® XP SP3 also had some enhancements along with the previous security updates and hot fixes.
Microsoft® XP Professional Service Pack 3 brought black hole router detection, network access protection which helped in protecting the network even better and customize the protection features. A proper explanation of settings in the security tab helped in descriptive information about Windows® security features. It had 1,174 fixes to previous issues.
Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 3 has a combination of the fixes and security and stability updates of the previous versions. However, it did also come in with some enhanced features. The prime reason behind the inception of the product was smooth deploying of all the updates for users instead of loading patches individually. Users deny on various updates and thus the system miss on those updates, Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 3 was also to bring the updates for those users. The installation of Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 3 can be carried on without product key. Microsoft® enhanced cryptography was added to provide enhanced level of security to the information in the platform.
- FIVE –Â Black hole router detectionBlack hole is a place where the network data is silently dropped. The black holes are invisible and the monitoring is complex. However, Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 3 has got detection abilities of black hole routers. It is turned on by default.
- FOUR –Â Network access protectionIn a network, where administrator has got rights on defining and implementing policies to the host and control of the network is easily done by the administrator, it is known as network access protection. And Windows® XP Professional Service Pack 3 provides support for network access protection.
- THREE –Â Group PolicyGroup policy is a feature which helps in setting rules in a network environment. It centrally administers and organizes the network. Group policy also helps in setting what would be the users’ right on the system.
- TWO –Â Security service providerThe security service provider comes in with Windows® platform as the security packages to the application and Windows® XP Service Pack 3 has credentials to it.
- ONE – Â Descriptive Security Options User InterfaceThe descriptive security options for user interface helps in understanding the features and functionality of Windows® firewall. It helps user to understand the right settings, prevents from setting incorrect settings. The explanatory screen helps in understanding every feature.
With a lot of bug fixes and customizations, Service Pack 3 was one step ahead of Service Pack 2 in terms of safety and customization of user interface along with the presence of a few other useful tools.