Need Help with Microsoft Products? Call Toll Free @ 1-877-381-6866
Certified techs are available 24x7 to provide technical support for MS products.
How to block a program through firewall in Windows Vista?
Windows Firewall keeps your computer safe from many threats. It doesn’t allow people to hack your computer and provides a safety blanket. It also keeps a constant check for spyware, malware, and other such threats on your computer and blocks them instantly. Firewall doesn’t delete the program or threat but it doesn’t allow that particular program or application to run on your computer as long as Windows Firewall is enabled. Windows Firewall is a powerful tool on your Windows Vista computer that is completely free and as a good practice you must always keep it on – in other words, always enable Windows Firewall if you want your computer to be safe and secure. If you are not sure about any application on your Windows Vista computer, you can easily block it with Windows Firewall. Do you know how you block a program through firewall? Here’s how you can do that in a few simple steps:
1. Click on ‘Start’ and select ‘Control Panel’
2. If the ‘Control Panel’ window is in ‘Classic view’, double-click on ‘Windows Firewall’ icon
3. If the ‘Control Panel’ window is in ‘Category view’, click on ‘Security’ and select ‘Windows Firewall’
4. On the left panel, select ‘Allow a program through Windows Firewall’
5. Under the ‘Exceptions’ tab, Uncheck the checkbox next to the program that you want to block
6. To remove that program from the ‘Exceptions’ list, click on ‘Delete’ and then, on ‘Yes’
7. Click on ‘Apply’ and then, click on ‘OK’
You can also block other applications that you’re not sure about with Windows Firewall like mentioned above.