Windows® Vista Enterprise
The key features of Windows Vista Enterprise Edition are support for Multilingual User Interface (MUI) packages, BitLocker Drive Encryption, and UNIX® application-support, desktop search, remote applications and desktop connections, multiple active firewall profiles, enhanced audit, smart card support, management tools etc.
Windows Vista Enterprise Edition is designed for companies which might encounter situations where they might need many computers with hard drive encryption. It is not meant for small and medium sized businesses.
Microsoft® introduced a new version of Windows Vista®, that is, the Enterprise Edition, designed to significantly lower IT costs and risk. In addition to all of the features available in Windows Vista®, the Enterprise Edition was designed to provide higher levels of data protection using hardware-based encryption technology. It also includes tools to improve application compatibility and enables organizations to standardize by using a single worldwide deployment image. Windows Vista Enterprise will only be available to customers who have PCs covered by Microsoft® Software Assurance or a Microsoft® Enterprise Agreement.
- FIVE –Â Data protectionWindows Vista Enterprise delivers increased flexibility with securing computers and data. It provides higher levels of data protection using hardware-based encryption technology. Specific algorithms are used to protect specific type of data. The data classification is made according to the level of security they need.
- FOUR –Â Reliability and performanceWindows Vista Enterprise Edition offers solid performance and reliability from day one. It uses remote applications and desktop connections to get remote access to your data. It ensures that your work is protected at any cost.
- THREE –Â DeploymentWindows Vista® Enterprise Edition also includes tools to improve application compatibility and enables organizations to standardize by using a single worldwide deployment image. It has deployment image servicing and management and user state migration tool to enhance deployment.
- TWO –Â ManagementWindows Vista makes system management much easier than before. Advanced image management and deployment tools enable IT professionals to add, remove, and report on drivers, language packs, and updates, and push those system images to desktops using less network bandwidth. New scripting and automation capabilities based on Windows® PowerShell 2.0 reduce the costs of managing and troubleshooting computers.
- ONE – Â Support for multiple languages with Multilingual User Interface (MUI).Windows Vista Enterprise includes all available interface languages in one offering. This feature enables organizations to build a single deployment image that can be used worldwide, and to deploy individual PCs that simultaneously offer different interface languages for different users. The MUI feature helps you save time and cost to deploy and maintain new images. This can be regarded as the best feature of Windows Vista® Enterprise.
iYogi, as an expert technical assistance company, recommends Windows Vista Enterprise Edition for business applications as the operating system has specific tools to meet the needs of companies.