How to create formulas in tables in Microsoft Word 2007 on Windows 7?
Wondering how to create formulas in tables in Microsoft Word 2007 on your Windows 7-based PC? Well, put an end to your search. You can create formulas in tables by doing simple table calculation in your Word document and utilize it for projects, which might require some calculations.
The formulas used in Microsoft Word 2007 are easy as compared to the one used in Microsoft Excel, yet, you can use them for your day-to-day Word task. For example, if you want to do some calculations on a table containing list of numbers, you easily create formulas as per your requirement and do the needed calculations.
So, if you are looking for the solutions to create formulas in tables in Microsoft Word 2007, then our solution steps mentioned below can help you do that right away.
The solution to the problem
Follow the instructions to create formulas in tables in Microsoft Word 2007 on Windows 7:
1. Open the Microsoft Word 2007 document.
2. Click on the "Insert" tab from the main menu. Then select "Table" and the select “Insert Table”
3. Choose the appropriate size of the table and then click “OK”.
4. Enter the column titles, row titles and figures for the table. Label each column and row appropriately and enter the numbers for the table calculations. Be sure to leave a blank table cell to place the calculations in.
5. Understand the row and column numbering system. The first cell in the table is A1 and the cell to the right is B1. The cell below A1 is A2. These are the references, which the column and row calculations are based upon.
6. Place the cursor in the column cell where the computation will occur. Next, select "Layout" from the main menu tabs. In addition, from the layout menu choose the "Formula" button.
7. Type in the particular calculation in the designated formula box. For example if a user has numbers in the B2 and C2 box and wants them added together, simply type "=B2+C2". The default formula is the “Sum” function formula and then click “OK”.
Creating formulas in tables in Microsoft Word 2007 on your Windows 7-based PC is easy. Simply, follow our quick and simple steps and do the needed calculation at the comfort of your home or office.
For better understanding on the topic, you can watch our solution video below:
Call toll free 1 855 561 6161