How to fix “Skype Can’t Connect” issue?
Skype is a video calling software application that facilitates in video chatting and voice calling from computers, mobiles and tablets to other similar devices via the Internet. You can also use Skype to send instant messages, exchange files and conduct conference calls. Like all other software that encounters issues, Skype too can have problems. The most common issue that you may face with Skype is connection issues. Display of error messages like “Skype Can’t Connect” while you are trying to use the application are hints that tell you that there is a connection error that you’ve got to fix.
Actually, this message itself isn’t an error that will be difficult for you to resolve; it simply means that the software application is outdated and needs an upgrade.
Here are the steps to fix the Skype can’t connect issues on your Windows-based computer. All you need doing is download and install the software in your system.
- First of all, go to the official website of Skype and download the latest version of the application. But before doing so, ensure that your computer meets the minimum system requirements needed to download and run the updated Skype program.
- On the website, click on the button that says “Get Skype for Windows Desktop”.
- In order to save the setup file in your computer, click on Save.
- After the download completes, click on Run to begin with the installation process of Skype. Before that, ensure that the Program Name is mentioned as Skype and the Verified Publisher is Skype Software Sarl and then proceed further with the installation process.
- Now, select the language version and then click on “I Agree” followed by clicking on “Next”. To complete the upgrade process, follow the on-screen instructions.
- After the completing the installation, select the account type with which you would like to sign –in to Skype.
- Now sign-in with your Skype Name or Microsoft account.
The upgrade of Skype is complete and the message that read “Skype Can’t Connect” should disappear now. But, after upgrading the software application, if you face connection problems, just call iYogi technicians at our toll free number and get assistance to resolve the issue.