How to fix Error 1603 in Skype
Are you trying to install a newer version of Skype on your PC and getting the update error message “Code 1603”? This error usually occurs when there is some problem installing files on the registry of your computer. The Error code 1603 can also be a result of corrupted download or incomplete download of the Skype software. You can also experience error 1603, if your computer is infected by virus or malware.
Some of the symptoms of the Skype Installation Error 1603 are:
- The performance of the PC is very slow and the response time lags.
- While you are working on multiple programs at a time, your PC either freezes or the current program crashes down.
- The PC responds slowly to mouse or keyboard inputs.
To troubleshoot this issue, follow the below steps:
- First, uninstall Skype and then reinstall the latest version of the application on your PC.
- If this doesn’t solve the problem, download the automatic Microsoft Fix-It tool from the Internet. Click here to download the tool.
- Click on ‘Run Now’ to download the file on your PC and run it on your PC.
- When the Microsoft Fix-It tool finishes its job, reinstall the latest version of Skype from the Skype website.
With these steps you should be able to fix the Skype error 1603. However, if you want more help, you can watch the video provided below to learn the steps better.
You can also call iYogi to speak with our technicians and fix the Skype error 1603 in no time. Our tech experts are available 24x7 and can help you resolve the issues related to computer promptly.