Microsoft® Security Essentials Review
The Microsoft® Security Essentials is easily among the most powerful free antimalware solution among its contemporaries and is available to all genuine Windows XP®, Vista®, and 7 users, and will come in both 32-bit and 64-bit variants (32-bit only on XP). MSE is a replacement of the once highly regarded Windows® Live OneCare. Essentially, the MSE is a stripped down OneCare. It will remove all the modules that are not directly related to fighting malware.
Setting up the Microsoft Security Essentials and starting to use it is barely a 5-minute affair. MSE is extremely small, nimble, fast software. It is very effective as it is built on the same basic structure and genetics as that of several Microsoft®'s other security products. The MSE has the potential to be a near perfect security solution.
In this review we take a detailed look at the Microsoft Security Essentials.
Here is a review of the Top 5 features of this product:
- FIVE – The Microsoft Security Essentials’ ability to detect and block malware is an impressive 97.8 percent. It does even better regarding proactive tests, which use two- and four-week-old signature databases to simulate how well a program detects new, unknown malware. Its results of 52 percent and 43.8 percent are way above industry averages.
- FOUR – Microsoft® Security Essentials’ amazing ability to put up no false positives is indeed very impressive. MSE detects and disables every infection. The MSE has a perfect record with respect to detecting and cleaning rootkits and malware infections.
- THREE – The Microsoft® Security Essentials’ ability to support a great number of levels of updates is worth mentioning. The definitions and the database periodically updated or as and when needed. The updates are delivered directly through the Microsoft Update feature. The program’s core engine is updated every month. This is also done through the Microsoft® Update feature. New signatures are made available three times a day. There is no user intervention required for all of the mentioned activities.
- TWO – The MSE's Dynamic Signature Service is one of its most interesting features. Whenever the MSE locates or detects a potential malicious file that does not match any of the known malware definitions, it automatically establishes contact with the always -online Microsoft® servers for additional analysis. The feature induces a much greater degree of protection owing to the use of the latest signatures online.
- ONE – The Microsoft® Security Essentials is surprisingly easy to install and start using. The download via the Microsoft’s website is a miniscule executable file of about 4-5 MB. The installation is easy with the amazingly simple wizard-based installer.
The Microsoft® Security Essentials is the near perfect security solution for you.