Fix Issue of Microsoft® Excel 2010 Hangs
Available as a stand-alone or as a part of the Microsoft Office productivity suite, Microsoft Excel 2010 is a powerful spreadsheet application that offers various features and tools that makes your data processing job simple. It works well on most of the Windows-based operating systems including Windows 7, Windows XP, and Windows Vista. Microsoft Excel 2010 offers several additional features to make the product simple and robust in tools and design. It is easy to install and use this office productivity software, and even a novice user can conveniently do it. However, at times, your Microsoft Excel 2010 application might face issues such as it may hang or crash while loading, copying or saving a document, or while following a different command.
Most of the Microsoft Excel 2010 issues are caused due to the presence of malfunctioning add-ins, unnecessary files cluttering the program, or incompatible software.
The Microsoft Excel 2010 hang issue isn’t very common; nevertheless, it could make your application unresponsive and thus require you to kill the process through the Task Manager. If you are facing frequent Microsoft Excel 2010 hang issue and want to resolve it, you can follow the below mentioned methods and easily get rid of the problem:
Method 1: Install all the latest updates
To solve the Microsoft Excel 2010 hang issue, ensure that your Windows Update is installing all the important updates. Installing important and recommended updates can solve the problem by replacing outdated files and help you fix the vulnerabilities.
Method 2: Switch to Safe Mode
Safe Mode allows you to safely use Microsoft Excel 2010 without encountering the hang issue. To open the program in safe mode:
- Press and hold the ‘Ctrl’ key while starting the program
- Alternatively, you can use the “/safe” option when you start the program from the command line
Method 3: Repair your Microsoft Office 2010 program
To do it, this is what you should do:
- Exit all the Microsoft Office 2010 programs that are running on your computer
- Go to the ‘Control Panel’ and open ‘Add or Remove Programs’.
- From the program list, right-click on the Microsoft Office 2010 option and then click ‘Repair’.
This action should automatically search and repair the Microsoft Office 2010 files that are corrupt or have broken links and will thereby solve your Microsoft Excel 2010 Hang issue.
Method 4: Disable Malfunctioning Add-ins
If there are third-party add-ins installed in this application and if they were malfunctioning or displaying incompatibility issues, the best fix would be to remove them. To do it:
- Access the Microsoft Excel 2010 program
- Go to the ‘Office’ logo on the top left of the spreadsheet
- Click on the Excel Options and go to the ‘Add-ins’ tab
- From the list of Add-ins that will be displayed, disable the newly-installed/ malfunctioning add-ins
- Click on the ‘OK’ option
- Restart the application for the changes to take effect
By engaging any of the four troubleshooting methods given above, you should be able to fix the Microsoft Office 2010 hang issue. However, if the issue is still annoying you to no end; dial our toll free number and speak to an iYogi tech expert. Let our technicians handle the issue for you and fix it right in front of you, in no time.
Call toll free 1 855 561 6161