Microsoft Surface Hub: The New Buzz In the Technology World
Microsoft, the American multinational company, wanted to change the way meetings are held in a conference room. Incompatible devices, plug-in requirements and outdated interfaces are of serious concerns when it comes to conference room meetings. The officials of Microsoft have wonderfully summed this up, “We want every meeting to be great, where things just click. Where ideas flow and work gets done. The problem is technology hasn’t been designed for the way we want to work together.”
Introduction to Microsoft Surface Hub
Work becomes productive when skills of a group are harnessed together with collective knowledge. In order to revolutionize the standard conference room, Microsoft has created the Surface Hub for office collaboration.
Microsoft Surface Hub is a very influential team collaboration device, which has been designed in a way to aid people to work together. The purpose of the Microsoft Surface Hub is pretty clear; it allows you to display work documents, explain using stylus, draw free-hand and much more.
Why use it?
As mentioned above, Microsoft Surface Hub is the new face for business meetings and official conferences. It is designed especially for meeting rooms where groups of officials sit and work together to share ideas and make decisions. Here’s why you should use the Microsoft Surface Hub in conferences and official meetings too in order to derive the best out of it.
1. Best for Brainstorming Sessions:
Ideas that are created in your minds are big and the best way to project these ideas is to use them on a bigger canvas. The canvas must also be big enough to accumulate your imagination. Bring your teams together for brainstorming sessions and let technology help in the flow of your ideas. Capture everything without losing the momentum.
- The OneNote whiteboard feature of the Microsoft Surface Hub allows you to share your ideas on a vast canvas. Now you can paste and explain contents from other applications and also include remote participants in brainstorming sessions.
- The ink that is used on the Microsoft Surface Hub is very fluid and quick to respond. It feels exactly like writing on paper. It also allows more than a person to ink the Surface Hub together.
- The Microsoft Surface Hub is great for teamwork. No matter where you are, it brings everyone on a platform to collaborate and work together.
- Now you can easily share your ideas with colleagues by saving your whiteboard as an OneNote file and simply e-mailing it to them.
2. For Interesting and fruitful meetings:
Now, you don’t have to spend much time struggling with technology glitches! The Microsoft Surface Hub can be connected effortlessly and you can spend more time in the meeting. Join the Skype for Business app in just a single tap and share your content with ease. Since meeting notes and other content can be sent easily, the outcome and action plans can be communicated well too.
- Using the advanced Skype for Business features you can easily schedule meetings and also invite remote attendees for discussions.
- With just a single tap on the screen of the Microsoft Surface Hub, you can start your meetings. Before ending your session, you can make use of the Save and Send Meeting Content option so that you can easily save and send the contents to the group members.
- Sharing contents from tablets, laptops and phones have never been so easy. With both the touch and inking feature, the changes that you have done will also appear on the personal devices that are compatible with the Microsoft Surface Hub.
- All who are engaged in the meeting can visualize and contribute equally, irrespective of their location. High quality video and clear audio of the Microsoft Surface Hub make meetings more proactive and interesting.
3. Best for large screen apps:
The Microsoft Surface Hub has built in applications like Microsoft Office, OneNote and Skype for Business. Universal applications that are built for Windows 10 perform very well to the large screen of the device. It is also compatible with applications that are connected through personal device and drives.
- Universal Windows applications can be run on this device as also you can connect other applications from your personal device as well.
- Familiar apps and services which are essential for business purposes are available from Microsoft with this device too.
- The device is built specifically for your business purposes and you can get amazing experiences with it.
- The device is also embedded with sensors and cameras for better viewing and comprehension.
4. Best technology for modern workplace
The Microsoft Surface Hub amalgamates beautifully with your modern workplace. This device facilitates productivity; be it the large huddle spaces, conference halls, or compact offices – it complements the contemporary set-up seamlessly. Flexible mounting, option of placing two screens simultaneously and beautifully integrated design of the device provide solutions for all your business needs.
- This flexible device from Microsoft can either be mounted to a wall or placed on a stand – depending on your comfort and available space. Beautiful design and the choice of different sizes to pick from make it a perfect alternative.
- You can simply walk to the device and immediately start working. The simple interface offers you with an inviting and natural experience.
- The device also offers inputs such as NFC, Bluetooth, HDMI, Wireless projection and ports to connect other devices.
- The device is designed to be updated and managed centrally which enables you to be at par with your enterprise.
Specifications of the Surface Hub
The Microsoft Surface Hub comes loaded with many benefits. It is available in two models in the sizes of 55 inch and 84 inch. It also includes –
- A pre-loaded computer
- Light-weight version of Windows 10
- Fourth generation i5 and i7 Intel core processors
- 100 Touch Points which can be used simultaneously
- Embedded cameras
- HDMI and USB ports
- Two Rechargeable pens
- Skype for Business and other Microsoft products such as OneNote Whiteboard, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Easy touch sharing
- 120Hz refresh rate
- Ability to initiate a meeting with just one touch
- Support for Universal apps for Windows 10
- Support for Centralized Enterprise management
- Options available for both wall-mount and stand.
The Idea behind in creating Microsoft Surface Hub
The idea behind the magnificent display of the Microsoft Surface Hub is based on the technology of Perceptive Pixel. Perceptive Pixel is a company that introduced the technology of using giant screens to broadcast news shows. This company was acquired by Microsoft two years ago.
It can also be said that Microsoft Surface Hub is not an original idea because Smart Room System with Meeting Pro software is also a similar product from Smart. Smart’s product also offers similar features at a very affordable price.
Since there is still time for the device to be formally launched in the market, Microsoft hasn’t yet announced a price bracket. However, going by speculation that is doing the rounds, this sure will come to you with a hefty price tag.
Undoubtedly, Microsoft Surface Hub is a magnificent illustration of the combined creativity and strength of the productive and technological teams of Microsoft. It addresses unexploited scenarios and demonstrates the flexibility of Windows 10 in big screens. No wonder, fans are waiting with bated breath for this product to release.