Microsoft Surface 3: A review
Microsoft recently announced the next tablet from its repertoire, the Surface 3. This has come almost a year after the launch of Surface Pro 3. The new tablet from Microsoft will feature almost the same material and design as that of the Surface Pro 3 but at a much lesser price. Microsoft has announced Surface 3 as a budget alternative to the Surface Pro 3 tablet.
Microsoft’s intention with the Surface Pro 3 was to replace the notebook with a tablet and the newly announced Surface 3 too offers similar features; it’s just that this is a bit smaller in size than its predecessor. The Microsoft’s Surface 3 is a tablet that is great for:
- Students: Microsoft Surface 3 allows students to take notes in a classroom or directly write on the screen or even record a lecture. Students can also create their monthly budgets and watch movies or enjoy music to unwind.
- Parents: The tablet includes family safety settings which provide parents the much-needed assurance that their children are safe while they are online using the Surface 3.
- Travelling Professionals: Surface 3 is the perfect tablet for professionals who travel very often. The tablet enables laptop-kind typing and runs desktop software to enhance the productivity of professionals.
Laptop type working on Microsoft Surface 3
The Surface 3 from Microsoft is designed in a way that it can simply adapt to your needs. It gives the working pleasure of a laptop with its fast Intel processor, Office applications and click-in keyboard.
- Quad Core Intel Atom x7 processor powers the Surface 3 to let you enjoy unmatched performance and speed.
- The new tablet can run all the Windows desktop software like the Office applications, Photoshop Essentials and even iTunes.
- Now, you can simply connect all your accessories with the USB 3.0 which is included in the Surface 3.
Perfect for Windows
This tablet can run full Windows, so all the desktop software and touch-based applications from Windows Store do work pretty well with it.
- Many new entertainment and productivity features have been provided by Windows for Surface 3 users. This includes gaming programs such as Halo: Spartan Assault game and Drawboard app to help you mark PDFs with the Surface Pen.
- The Surface 3 comes with a limited one-time Office offer which includes Office 365 Personal with full versions of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote and OneDrive Cloud Storage.
- The Surface 3 can be upgraded to Windows 10 for free as soon as it is available.
Digital Pen Experience
Surface 3 also has an optional Surface Pen that feels like an actual pen. Now you can experience digital writing while you draw or take notes in the new Surface tablet.
- Even if the Surface 3 is in sleep mode, with just a click of the Surface Pen, a blank OneNote sheet becomes readily available for sketching or taking quick notes.
- The Surface Pen is available in the shades of black, red, silver and dark blue.
- It includes Palm Block technology, which allows you to rest your hand without leaving a trace on it while you write.
- Size: 10.52 x 7.36 x 0.34 inches
- Weight: 1.37 lbs
- Display: 10.8 inch Full HD
- Operating System: Windows 8.1
- Resolution: 1920 x 1280 pixels
- RAM: 4 GB RAM with 128 GB storage
- Camera: 8 MP rear with autofocus and 3.5 MP front facing
- Up to 10 hours of battery life on a single charge
The Surface 3 from Microsoft is a reliable and performance-oriented gadget for professionals and students. It is budget friendly and portable yet provides you laptop-type experience to enhance your productivity.