Microsoft® had developed a software technology, Microsoft® MapPoint®, to facilitate its customers in working with maps. It is integrated with Microsoft Office and is used for data mapping from various sources like Microsoft Excel®. Microsoft MapPoint was planned for business users but it works in low-end Geographic information system (GIS) market. It includes all the current version of streets, trips and consumer mapping software.
Microsoft MapPoint works in such a way that it can help you in decision making by providing tabular data, integrating maps into the work. With this, you can easily plan efficient trip for your business. Microsoft MapPoint 2010, the latest version in its series, has many new features. It has the facility to send routes to your GPS device, expanded pushpins and many more.
Microsoft MapPoint has the capability that it can combine business data with included demographics, to help its customers in taking decisions.
- Click on Data in Microsoft MapPoint and then click on Data Mapping Wizard.
- After that, click Shaded Area and then click on Next.
- Then you have to click on Add Demographics to the map.
- Click the map that you would like in the list box and then click Next.
- When you had performed this, then under select the data field or column to map, click the field or the column that you like.
- Then under Show the data by, click ZIP Code, click Next and click Finish.
- In Microsoft MapPoint, pick out that area for which you want ZIP codes. Then right-click the area that you have picked out and then click Export to Excel.
Benefits of Microsoft MapPoint
- You can insert maps into word documents, Microsoft PowerPoint presentations and web sites.
- You can also create maps from the data present in the recent editions of Microsoft Excel®, Microsoft® Access®, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft SQL Server®, or other database sources.
- Helps in creation of sales territories, analyzing trends and estimation of performance by geography.
If you have encountered any issue while working on operating systems, Microsoft suite and many more, then you can look forward to iYogi, is the provider of on-demand remote tech support services from India.